Resolving Fear Issues in Horses
Time & Location
About the Event
Fear-based behaviors are common in horses and if left untreated they can become problematic. Chronic issues, such as needle and farrier phobias, can impact the horse's health and performance, result in lost revenue and increased expenses for the owner, and creates a risk of serious injury to horses and humans.
At the end of this six-week course you should be able to:
- recognize signs of arousal, and fear,
- assess the underlying and immediate reasons for fear-based problem behaviors, and
- apply effective, evidence-based protocols to manage and resolve them.
You will also develop skills for working with clients, including:
- taking a good history,
- creating client-friendly shaping plans, and
- preparing useful handouts.
This course is RACE-approved for 18 CEU credits for veterinarians and veterinary technicians, and 18 CEU credits for CCPDT, IAABC, and KPA members.